- To facilitate the exchange of information related to CARICOM among lines Ministries and Departments.
- To conduct research and analysis of trends and forward-looking issues in the region to facilitate more rapid adoption of national policies and creative responses to the rapidly changing environment created by the implementation of CSME and the formation of the OECS Economic Union.
- To provide technical and administrative support to implementing agencies for the national implementation of mandates agreed upon at the regional level.
- To represent the interests of St. Vincent and the Grenadines within the organs of CARICOM, OECS and other regional initiatives.
- To collaborate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Commerce and Trade and the Legal Affairs Department to facilitate the development of national legislation to further the regional integration movement.
- To collaborate with and coordinate the efforts of the various Ministries to make St. Vincent and the Grenadines CSME and OECS EU ready.
- To act as the implementing agency for actions related to participation by the Diaspora in the economic and social development of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- To conduct research into migration issues in order to aptly unitize the resources in the Diaspora for national development.